Mersen provides key products for railroad networks and the OEMs that serve them.
We offer a variety of carbon and metalized carbon collector strips for overhead pantograph applications. Our extensive material grade selection and carbon and metal carrier designs include:
- Bonded / Soldered / Kasperowski high current / ADD system
- Integral end horn
- Plain carbon grade / Metal impregnated grade
- Innovative grades for High Intensity applications
Our products are EN50405 (CENELEC) or DIN6701-2 certified.
The Group also offers advice, technical services and solutions on redesign, engineering, and standardization.
The high speed train that reached a new world record of 574.8 Km/h on April 3rd, 2007 was equipped with Mersen’s pantograph carbon strip.
Mersen’s carbon brushes are used in electric locomotives all over the world. We also supply brush-holders for traction motors and alternators for different railroad systems.
Power management solutions
Power management solutions are used to convert and manage high power DC or AC signals.
- Overcurrent protection solutions to protect power modules and semiconductor devices.
- Heat sink and cooling equipment to carefully handle power losses during semiconductor conversions.
Laminated bus bars
- Conductor solutions for quality power distribution (laminated bus bar).
The use of Earth Return Current Units (ERCU) is indispensable on electric locomotives. For 50 years, Mersen’s ERCU units have worked to direct current paths away from train bearings and provide a low-maintenance, lasting solution.
Mersen’s carbon brushes are used in diesel locomotives all over the world. We also supply brush-holders for traction motors and alternators for different railroad systems.
A Mersen kulcstermékeket kínál a vasúti hálózatok és az azokat kiszolgáló OEM-ek számára.
01/07/2017 - 1.27 MBElectrical solutions for diesel locomotives
01/07/2017 - 1.52 MBElectrical solutions for electrical locomotives